Monday, January 28, 2013

Thank you for Shoah memorial

To the wonderful folks at Palesine Loves Israel:

I wish to quote your wonderful Shoah memorial in full because I find it so amazingly wonderful.

Today we remember the victims of the holocaust. Many of our jewish friends have lost mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers in the holocaust and to all of you, we want to say: They are in our hearts. Always. One cannot express the horror and terror of the Holocaust.  This is beyond Words. The trauma that it caused is still there, still to feel. Not only to those who survived it, but also by those who were born long after WW2. Today we just want to say: We remember.  We stand by your side. You are in our hearts. We love you. Always.

Joujou, Palestine Loves Israel  

My response is below in blue.

As an American Jewish Zionist, I want to say thank you to the Palestine Loves Israel facebook group for this wonderful and quite unexpected expression of love and compassion from the Palestinian Arab people toward the Jewish nation.  I frankly never expected Palestinian Arabs to show such wonderful compassion for my people, and it is more healing for me than words could ever say.  The Shoah will always be an unbearable nightmare for the Jews, but it is good to know that on this day at least we do not have to cry alone in silence and isolation.  You cannot bring back our murdered children and destroyed communities, but at least you can show us that you care about our pain.  I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I appreciate it more than you will ever know.  I was born long after World War 2, but the sorrow in my heart is incredibly strong.  We Jews suffered a national calamity of unbelievably horrific proportions.  Our pain is overwhelming and the grief is very deep.  You are helping to heal perhaps the deepest wound in my deeply injured heart.  I thank you for your loving embrace, kindness, and compassion.  Your support makes the nightmare a little bit easier for me to bear.  ror and terror of the Holocaust. This is beyond words.
The trauma that it caused is still there, still to feel. Not only by those who survived it, but also by those who were born long time after WW2.
Today we just want to say: We remember. We stand by your side. You are in our hearts. We
you.
Joujou, Palestine-loves-Is

No comments: